This object is eligible for a Certificate of BADA Provenance
A good early 20th century boxwood apothecary's bottle case, retaining its original glass bottle and ground stopper. The shaped top, with a screw thread, is stamped S. Maw. Son & Sons, London, who were pharmacy suppliers working from 17-12 Aldersgate London between 1918-1920. The firm originally were established in Aldersgate Street in 1828 under the name of J. S. Maw, moving to Monken Hadley, Barnet in 1940. The base is stamped 403 - No. 8941 and priced at 8/6 (42.5 pence) The whole has an excellent colour and patination.
English Circa 1920