A very rare pair of George II double – lipped sauce boats of oval form with shaped moulded rims, twin tongue-capped double scroll handles and on stepped oval bases. Engraved with the coat of arms of Lethbridge Baronets from 1804
The crests of LETHBRIDGE (modern) and LUTHBRIDGE (ancient) following the creation of John Lethbridge of Westway House, Piltdown, Devon , as a baronet on 15th June 1804. The baronetcy is still extant.
Maker: RICHARD GINES