The Sauceboat stands on a circular cast and applied spreading foot which is decorated with reeding. The elongated main body has a protruding upper section and finely shaped rim.
This example has a leaf capped scroll handle and the side of the main body is engraved with a contemporary Crest, surrounded by a scrollwork cartouche.
This piece is of an exceptional weight and colour and is of a style which is not often seen today. The Sauceboat is well marked in the foot and with the maker's mark, sterling mark and leaopard's head crowned for London.
George Hindmarsh only used this mark from 1731-35 and his workshops were located at Christopher Court, St Martin's Le Grand, London.