Cave Decorative Arts
Richard Cave has over 25 years of experience dealing in the decorative arts. He joined the eminent firm of Mallett & Son in New Bond Street in 1990, direct from Edinburgh University, where he was awarded a Masters degree in Art History, specializing in the royal iconography of Islamic art, Mediaeval church architecture and Netherlandish painting of the 15th century.
Cave Decorative Arts was founded by Richard in 2016.
Richard's expertise is in 18th century English furniture, especially from the early Georgian period. He has a broad knowledge of the decorative arts from the late 17th century up to the present day. He is particularly interested in collections of an eclectic nature and how pieces interact within today’s interiors. He has worked with a number of private clients, both in the UK and abroad, sourcing rare and beautiful pieces for their existing collections. He looks for items that have great charm, beauty and workmanship, that will compliment their surroundings in a peaceful yet vibrant manner.
• Source works for collectors, interior decorators, curators and architects.
• Advice on handling items privately for sale, on a consigned basis.
• Advice on the process of buying or selling at auction.
• Advice regarding the restoration and conservation of furniture, objects and paintings.
• Experienced in upholstery, from the grandest four-poster beds to piano stools.
• Experienced in mounting and framing all fine art.
• Experienced in all aspects of interior decoration and interior arrangement.
• Experienced in shipping all fine art.
For further information visit the Cave Decorative Arts website