A striking elaborate fine antique Heriz carpet woven at the turn of the century with rich warm colours. Wonderful corner spandrels on this carpet, they are the areas in pinkish tones with gold and blue large floral designs in each corner of the main design. The border design is a leaf and floral motif design, with varying indigo blues and pale blues with soft reds. An intricate medallion design, this Heriz is finer than most, often these are called Ahar Heriz, this seems to be just a finer weave in our opinion.
Condition is very good, as you can see from the photograph, the original borders are showing and fringes are secure too. Professionally washed by ourselves, it is clean and ready to be used. The pile height is generally consistent all over, a couple of small lower areas of pile but this is often to be expected with an antique carpet over 110 years old which has been used. This is why the colours of antique carpets are so desirable, as they have been walked on and the dyes have faded due to use and age.
- Purchase this antique Heriz carpet online from us and we shall securely deliver it to your home, with our excellent anti-slip rug underlay which is included in the price. Or contact us to view it at our barn showroom in Crondall, Surrey.
- If you are not completely satisfied with the carpet we shall of course refund you in full once the rug is returned to us.
- Heriz carpets have always been regarded as beautiful, tough objects of decoration, made in the north-west of Persia these handwoven works of art always have variations from one piece to another. Some draw influences from further north into the Caucasus and vivid colours like this particular carpet. A decorative yet practical carpet which has been used for over 100 years and stood the test of time.
- Free Shipping throughout the UK and we use a well-respected International Shipper for Europe and Overseas, as we have shipped carpets to Hong Kong and Australia in the past.
- Members of The British Antique Dealers Association (BADA) and LAPADA since 2008. Adhering to their strict guidelines and our carpets and rugs are independently vetted at their antique and art fairs every year.
- We professionally wash all our carpets and rugs, plus our expert restorer who has over 30 years experience will secure fringes and sides if necessary.
- Request a home visit to view this stunning antique carpet in your own home, let us know a preferred day and time to see you. As we have travelled all over the UK visiting customers, up to Scotland, Ireland and even France and Belgium in Europe over the last 30 years.