Price on application
This object is eligible for a Certificate of BADA Provenance
About the dealer
About the object
A pair of early 20th century Compton Liberty terracotta garden planters. The circular planters are decorated with grapes and vine leaves in high relief. Circa 1920.
Stamped: Designed and Manufactured by Liberty & Co
After the 1st world war Compton potteries, still run by Mary Watts continued to make garden pots and ornament for Liberty’s and a number of these designs, including the current pair were illustrated in ‘Garden Pottery’ published by Liberty & Co in 1924.