Hob-Nail Cut Glass Hall Lantern by F & C Osler, made in three principle parts united by silver plated fittings including three internal lamp holders. English circa 1900. 21 inches high.
The firm of F & C Osler of London and Birmingham, were the leading makers of chandeliers and lighting during the nineteenth century. The glassworks were founded by Thomas Osler in 1807 in Birmingham and specialised in glass furniture and chandeliers for the overseas market. They opened their London house in 1845.