A rectangular box with hinged lid standing on four feet. The four sides decorated with hammered panels riveted to plain polished shaped panels.
The lid attached to the box with two strap-work hinges. The interior and under-side of lid being gilded.
The underside of the box inscribed 'SEARL & Co, Lombard St London' and 'E.CRESWICK Designer & Craftsman'
London 1901 by J T Heath and J H Middleton (Hukin & Heath Ltd)