About the object
A collection of five Wedgwood tri-colour jasper small plaques or medallions, circa 1790; white reliefs of classical subjects, three on lilac panels with pale green borders, one on a blue panel with yellow border, the central, circular medallion with cupid on a lion, a lilac ground with a surround of blue.
Within a smart parcel-gilt reeded mahogany frame, to the reverse a trade label for A. Vokins & Sons, Holborn. (A. Vokins & Sons were trading from Holborn in 1915 as picture liners, restorers and cleaners).
Central medallion dia: 2 3/8 in. surrounding four all circa w:1 in.
Framed dimension: 9 in x 9.5 in