This object is eligible for a Certificate of BADA Provenance
To be exhibited atBADA 2020
Signed to the rear by Fantoni himself, dated 1980
Also signed to the plinth
Italy, circa 1980
Provenance: sourced directly from the Fantoni family
Born in Florence on October 1, 1915, Marcello Fantoni registered at the Institute of Art at Porta Romana in 1927 to attend the course The Art of Ceramics, which at that time was taught by the ceramist Carlo Guerrini, artistic director of the Cantagalli factory.
Other teachers also contributed to his artistic formation including Libero Andreotti and Bruno Innocenti in sculpture and Gianni Vagnetti in the figure. He graduated in '34 as a 'maestro' of art, and began working as a ceramist.
In 1936, after having worked for a few months as the artistic director of a factory in Perugia, he established himself in the stables of Villa Fabbricotti in Florence and established the Fantoni Ceramic studio.