A mid-19th century well-figured mahogany Library Partner's Desk having faded green and gilt-tooled leather top with moulded edge, above cock-beaded drawers and panelled doors raised on plinth bases with concealed castors.
Further Information: William Priest's furniture warehouse was established in 1837 at nos. 17 and 24 Water Street, Blackfriars, and the firm also traded from premises at 23 Charlotte Street before moving to nos. 1 and 2 Tudor Street, Blackfriars.
Furniture retailed by Priest variously bore the firm's stamp or trade label, the latter advertising the sale of office and library furniture together with auction, appraisal and upholstery services.
Recorded examples of furniture thus stamped or labelled date from circa 1790 - 1850 demonstrating that the company offered second hand goods as well as new products.
Country of Origin: England