Tom Rooth Fine Art
Thank you for visiting my site. Whether enquiring about services or viewing artworks in the online gallery, I hope that you find what you are looking for.
I specialise in British and European Art from the 18th Century to present day - for my philosophy with regards to the art that I have in stock, please read the introduction in the catalogue online.
As a member of BADA, with comprehensive experience in the art market, I am confident that I'm well placed to assist you. I have been immersed in the London art world for nearly 20 years, at Sotheby's, Polak Gallery, Phillips, Bonhams, and finally Christie's for 13 ½ years, as a Senior Specialist, Director and Head of Department. I possess two BA honour degrees - one in Art History from Winchester School of Art, and another in Fine Art Valuations from Southampton Institute.
Whether acquiring or selling art, or in need of general or specific advice, I would be delighted to hear from you.
It’s often been said that to make a small fortune in the art-world, you should start off with a large one. As exciting as it is unpredictable, the art market can be precarious to navigate, with hazards coming in many different forms. Tom Rooth Fine Art provides clear, unbiased, confidential advice that will help you make the best decisions, regarding:
- The best avenue for sale or purchase, whether it be through private treaty or auction.
- Acquiring works of art at auction, privately, or through fine art dealerships.
- Bidding at auction, and gauging the fair market value/level to bid to.
- Advice and service for restoration, conservation and framing, consulting with independent conservators and restorers.
- Building art collections.
Other services include:
- Valuing works for sale, purchase, insurance or probate.
- Ascertaining the condition of artworks (this is key when selling or buying).
- Acquiring works of art, privately and through auction, whilst retaining the buyer’s anonymity.
- Researching, attributing, and confirming authorship of artworks (the market is awash with imitations, fakes, doctored and incorrectly attributed artworks).
28 Old Brompton Road